Wednesday, September 02, 2009

The Biggest Loser

My life is like a reality TV Show. Except the losers I'm meeting aren't losing weight, they are the real kind.
 
Take Dave (please, take Dave). Called me last night from a TENT in the northern wilds of NH. "Oh, that's nice? Are you on vacation?" I asked innocently. "No, it's cheaper than a hotel. And since I lost my job, it's the best I can afford for the contract work I'm doing now when it requires travel."
 
He then went on to tell me what's wrong with women my age (!) and what they are looking for. He also shared that he hates anyone who doesn't share his love of moving frequently (ie he is borderline itinerent). In other words, anyone with a job and family. Click!
 
I ended the phone call swiftly - I have my own tent and camping alone would be preferable to the reality of this loser.

No comments: