Monday, March 10, 2008

Cosmic Scream

I need to get a lot of work done today so I really need to get out a blog equivilent of a cosmic scream while also sharing the latest Dating Chronicles of the Damned.

So here goes. My "offline" efforts continue albeit with no greater success than the virtual kind.

My newest blog fan (and since this is an anonymous blog, let's call her "Voyeura" - ha! that's funny) recently suggested I try to hook up with an old boyfriend of hers who happens to work with me.

Now I have not talked to this guy for more than 5 minutes in the 5 years I've worked here. So imagine his surprise when I put gave him about 30 minutes of my full-on flirtatious best at the local watering hole apres-work. Said conversation ended when he said, "Heading home to my girlfriend now! Good night!"

Special note to Voyeura - please, only recommend former boyfriends who lack live in spouses and girlfriends, ok? Although I admire your spunk in suggesting I cut her brakelines.

I've also continued to waste my time, excuse me, date, another local guy, or as I like to call him, Mr. Like-Nailing-Jello-to-a-Wall. We went out a few times last week but the fun ended Saturday night when he left the bar we were at together WITHOUT TELLING ME.

Yes, it's true, Mr. Can't-Get-Out-of-His-Own-Way said "I'm just going to get another beer" and proceeded to LEAVE the building.

Those of you familiar with the bar at the ski area where I work can appreciate how small this place is and how desperate Mr. 50-Year-Old-Pathetic-Lothario must have been to depart my company in this manner.

But as my friend Cindy likes to say, I'm always game. Within 15 minutes of Mr. What-Was-I-Thinking burning rubber out of the parking lot, someone else asked me out to dinner for the evening. We had a blast. Sure, he lives in Arizona and was only in town for the weekend, but frankly, I think I have better long term prospects with that guy than what's-his-face. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

Meanwhile, I am still talking to a few guys online. One has a ski house up by Jay Peak - quite possibly his sole date-able attribute. He was the one who got lost in the parking lot of the closed restaurant (see earlier post). Then there's the guy who offered to send me a photo of his toolbelt, this to a woman who would like nothing better than a man to shovel, sand and repair the house that is rapidly disappearing under northern New England's biggest winter snow pack EVER.

PHEW! I feel better now.

1 comment:

MMCC said...

Okay so I have a story to share that might explain how and why this guy disappeared.

So when I was in college I secured a hot date with a guy I was really into. It being college, we began our date as would be expected: By playing a few rounds of the boardgame "Passout" at a friend's dorm. While we were moving around the board and chugging Heffenreffer talls (anyone remember those?) he got u to use the men's room. Somewhere in that time -- and it had to only be three minutes at most -- someone suggested that we head off to the off campus party we were all going to. We got in the car, got to the party and had some fun.

At about my third beer into the off campus party I suddenly realized: MY DATE IS IN THE BATHROOM. Back at the dorm.

It took him almost 20 years to speak to me again.

So, you never know.