Sunday, November 02, 2008

Crazy Like a Fox

I have a confession to make. Whenever I get home from work early enough, I watch Dr. Phil.

The other day he was featuring a woman whose online dating efforts make mine look pathetic. She has dated literally hundreds of men and does not hesitate to jump on a plane to meet up with someone. She accepted a wedding proposal from one gent and even went so far as to buy a wedding gown and email him the photos.

While clearly I do not fall into her category, I was able to pick up two pieces of good advice from the show:

1. Crazy Attracts Crazy

and

2. If what you are doing isn't working, try something else.

I am keeping both in mind as I ruminate on date #2 with Francois. We had a lot of fun. He is just SO not PAL/Machine Gun Man/Spaceman.

But this is a good thing.

He did not grab my ass in public. He did not sleep with me on the first (or second) date. He is not a freakazoid. He did not hurt my feelings, or in any way act inappropriate. In short, I don't know what to do with him.

He emailed me this morning and asked to see me again so ... things are going well.

I'm just going to try to not act crazy so as to attract someone sane this time out. And to point #2, this is clearly different than what I've tried before, so on both counts I am following Dr. Phil's good advice.

No comments: