Monday, August 21, 2006

Welcome to My Nightmare

OK, after pursuing dating sites for the last few months, I've decided that it would be better to laugh than the cry. So after reading the latest craigslist ads for the Boston area, tears of laughter streaming down my face, I've decided to start posting some of the funniest and oddest that I've found on that and other sites, plus any other amusing observations on the topic.

This guy would be a catch for some lucky gal looking for the angry and bitter type (excerpt from an email to me):

I'll make a deal with you . . .
I've been bamboozled way too many times here at
Craig's to give you my pic first, so please, you show
me you are a real person, by sending your photo first,
and I promise you I will send mine.

I am very interested in seeing you, so don't pass me
up. I'm just really tired of sending out photos and
getting no repsonses, and it's not cause I'm an ugly
git, it's because of all the imposters and frauds at
Craig's, people bored out of their skulls that have
nothing better to do that screw around with everyone
else here.


Then there was the guy who had an email address with ".webtv.com" - I wrote back to him just because I wanted to know more about the last person in the US using WebTV. Did you know it still exists? It does!

Then my favorite from yesterday ... a craigslist posting headlined "DRINKING BITCH WANTED." Sign me up!

Then there was the complete asshole who, upon meeting me for the first time, decided to engage me in a political debate within minutes of my sitting down. He kept saying things like "Fox News is fair and balanced." I begged him to change the subject but no.... he also had a DVD player in his SUV dashboard which of course confirmed that he was a total prick.

Then I signed up for a site that's for fitness buffs (yes, I am one). I got a few emails from a seemingly nice guy who, after a few emails exchanges, asked if I thought I was strong enough to lift a grown man. Um, I don't think so. Dug deeper onto his Yahoo profile and found out he belongs to a group that caters to a fetish I didn't even know existed - Lifting and Carrying. It's true, Google it, apparently there is a fetish for everyone. But not for me, Mr. "Can you Carry Me." I spent the last 13 years lugging around dead weight (aka my ex) so why would I want to now do the same literally with you, you loser.

The emails are coming fast and furious from my latest postings so I'll continue to share best of the worst.

No comments: