Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Life by the Rules Part 2

So loyal blog readers want to know, how is life going by the rules?

The reason I have not posted is that I have been vewwy vewwwy quiet, waiting for the phone to ring and NOT making any outbound calls.

And finally, after an eleven day silence, Mr. Wild Things finally called. This after multiple text messages which I ignored telling me how very terribly horribly busy he is. "You think I'm a douchebag, don't you?" he asked at the end of our conversation, where in a Rules-like fashion, I did not betray my very pissed-offed-ness for his now-broken silence.

I listened to him rant and rave about his workload and his not-quite-yet-ex spouse and then eloquently asked how HE was doing, and how I did look forward to seeing him again sometime.

Per the Rules, I ended the call first. He is out of town until the end of the month so we'll see where it goes from here.

Meanwhile, the other guy (there's always another guy) my girlfriend is trying to hitch me up with is emailing and calling to set up a time to meet with me. A foot of snow made us cancel last week's date, but we've rescheduled for next Sunday. This meets the Rules rule on asking me out far enough in advance (Sunday for next Sunday? works for me!).

And of course, dating two of them at once is totally Rules-oriented. Apparently this is permittable until an engagement ring is on one's finger. What fun and no guilt necessary.

Gal Pal Michelle thinks the Rule regarding not returning phone calls is just rude. I can't say I disagree, but since it seems to be working, I'm going to go with it.

I admit to one rules-breaking act. I texted Mr. Wild Thing and wished him safe travels today. I may be a Rules Girl, but that's no reason to be rude.

No comments: