Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Lost in Translation

OK, so Lonnie Ray had such a good time Saturday night that he is now peppering me with emails. Not everyone is a great writer but tell me, if you got the note below, what the hell would you think? If you never met him, would you think he was writing an Internet scam email from Russia? It's like English as a Second Language. But he's like a fourth generation New Hampshire resident, living on the family farm his grandfather's grandfather built.

If anyone can translate this for me, please post a comment below because I have no fucking clue:

"So how are you? You are so beautiful!!!You were so wonderful and you were so awesome!! I was like dear lord someone whom is so nice and so together....I thought no way, there can't be a woman as so in tune with in herself that we could be talking so indifferent. Although at the same time be talking perfectly then again I would not say that as to ourselves would be perfect. Take this as my true appreciation of the person you are."

Is he being poetic? Or is he just a bad writer? It's a fine line between the two. I like the part about my being beautiful - I mean, who can deny that if you've met me. But the "a woman so in tune with herself that we could be talking so indifferent" - a musical use of syllables or a confused mind? You decide.

I also googled his full name (I have only posted his first and middle name, in case you were wondering) up came a post from the Concord Monitor for an arrest 2 years ago and a federal court listing for a $25,000 debt default in Michigan. If you google my name, you will find that I am really, really into skiing. That's it.

So a romantic poetic vocabulary-impaired luthier with federal debt and a police record. Did I mention the dimple on his chin?

No comments: