Monday, February 16, 2009

February Doldrums

Just a quick update. My Valentine's Day was sweet, considering I worked a 12 hour shift, came home and fell asleep in about 15 minutes. Lonnie sweetly presented me with an expensive bottle of champagne, chocolates and strawberries in front of a roaring fire as I got home from work at 9pm at night.

I gratefully accepted the bottle of bubbly as he popped in the romantic comedy movie he had rented for the evening. I made it past the opening credits before I fell asleep. A head cold on top of a sick work schedule knocked me down.

I don't know - maybe blog reader MM is right - there will be tears on a vintage guitar soon and they won't be mine. He is so sweet and so totally, completely out of his league that he doesn't even know it. He isn't stupid; I've gone at lengths to say it. But he ain't smart. Did I put smart on my list of deal breakers? I think I need to revisit that list.

Meanwhile WT visited me last week for coffee and fessed up what I already knew - that he was married and had lied to me about his status. Cold comfort but closure nonetheless. I made him pay for my latte.

No comments: